Thursday, December 11, 2008

Officer James McAllister and Adolff Starfish scene

Characters:
Adolf Starfish: Old man, former (and guilt ridden) Nazi.
Officer James McAllister: Zombified police officer. "Middle aged."

Setting:
Adolf's house. New York City.

JAMES: Distress call. Mr. Adolf Starfish, it's the police open up.
ADOLF: Coming! (opens door)
JAMES: Are you okay sir?
ADOLF: I'm Fine. I'm Fine. Good God what happened to you?
JAMES: I got murdered a while ago. Its an old story.
ADOLF: (freaking out) OH GOD! I'm so sorry! I only followed my orders! I had to serve my country! I would have been shot if I haven't! Please forgive me!
JAMES: Whoah Whoah Whoah Old man, relax! I was shot six years ago; it has nothing to do with you!
ADOLF: Oh, my apologies. Why are you here?
JAMES: Your neighbors called the station claiming they heard screaming coming from your house. Why they sent a zombie cop to investigate a screaming fit escapes me. The guys at the station always did have a sick sense of humor. Anyway, now that I'm here I might as well ask what's the situation.
ADOLF: The nightmares keep getting worse. I never actually screamed out loud before. Oh, what am I going to do!?
JAMES: Nightmares eh? I hate em'! There's this one I always have about a shopping mall and a bunch of angry bikers....
ADOLF: No, No. These nightmares are memories; Memories from long ago. I have to confess to you officer, I did some horrible things in my youth.
JAMES: Well, you're old. You talked about serving your country..... your name is Adolf! I'm gonna put two and two together here.....
ADOLF: yes! But please, don't tell anyone! I'm sorry!
JAMES: Relax mister. I'm not going to tell anyone. Now I'm gonna say that I approve of what you have done, cuz' believe me, I don't, but you have to understand that you did what you had to do. It's in the past now, and I've learned first hand that it is unhealthy to have regrets about the past.
ADOLF: (thoughtful pause) Can I ask you another question officer?
JAMES: Shoot.
ADOLF: Do you think those people we killed; back in the camps.... so they hate me?
JAMES: (smiles) Trust me Mr. Adolf, sometimes dying is the best thing that could happen to a man. (exits)


Believe me, it was not that easy to try to write a scene with these two completely different characters.

1 comment:

CWJordan08 said...

Hey! I really adore your passion of dance. A friend and I were talking the other day and she had mentioned you...And well, the fact that you can do back flips. Back flips? Really?! That is so insane. I admire anyone that can do that... And still walk the next day. I have passions of boring things like sewing, snowboarding, and helping others (aka- volunteering). But, I don't know. I'm not focused on one particular thing so I feel guilty and don't consider them a 'passion'. I guess I'll find my calling or nitch one of these days. Haha.