Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Hampster that lived in a Boot on the Riverbank Chapter 2

Chapter 2: Martha and Turtle meet Hammy
He heard a woman's voice screaing "Help! My house is on fire!" So Hammy went inside and there was a lot of smoke inside.
Martha said, " I was going to make a fire in my fireplace, but those stupid squirrels keep putting those acorns in my chimney."
Hammy said in reply, "I could help you. I could use that broom and I'll put it up the chimney and get all the acorns out." So Hammy did that and got them all out. Martha said thank you to Hammy.
"Who are you?" Hammy said.
"I'm Martha Mouse," said Martha.
"I am Hammy the Hamster," said Hammy.
Then Martha asked Hammy, "Did you just arrive on the riverbank?"
"Yes I did. And by the way Martha, I would like to know what a riverbank is?" Hammy said in reply.
"Well," Martha said. "It is a hole with water and fishing."
Then Martha asked Hammy if he was hungry, and he said yes. Hammy then told Martha the whole story about coming to the riverbank.
"Hammy, do you want to go out on my boat?" asked Martha.
"Yes," replied Hammy. "I have never been out on a boat before!"
Before they headed out on the boat, a turtle appeared.
"Ahoy Martha!" Turtle said.
"Ahhh!" said Hammy. "The monster from before! The one I told you about!"
"Hammy, that is no monster. That is Turtle. Turtle meet Hammy, and Hammy meet Turtle," said Martha.
Hammy has never seen a turtle before and Turtle has never seen a hamster before. Then they got in the boat and floated downstream.

No comments: