Sunday, November 2, 2008

Jen and Brianna's Halloween story

It was a dark and stormy Halloween night. Ten year old Timmy was home alone. All of the trick-or-treaters had come and gone, and Timmy decided to settle down for a quiet hour with his video games before turning in for the night. Suddenly he heard a sound at the window.
"Sccccccrrrraaaatch!!!"
"What was that?" he cried. No sooner had he spoken taht there came a thump at the door. Timmy ran to the door and flinging it open, discovered that there on his front step lay a severed head.
The head was covered in blood. Its eyes were glazed over and its skin was waxy. Its face looked familiar. I couldn't tell where I knew it from. I felt all my Halloween candy coming back up. I sprinted to the bathroom. I regurgitated the candy into the toilet. Unfortunately it did not taste as good coming up as it did going down.
Then I realized that i left the front door open. I ran to the door. The head was now sitting on my carpet and the door had been slapped shut. Then I smelt something sweet. It smelt like ketchup. We had steak for dinner, so there is no reason my house should smell like ketchup. I looked down at the severed head, I bent down and smelt the blood covering its face. It wasn't blood, it was ketchup.
Then I remembered where that head was from. My older brother Mario had been the headless horseman for Halloween a couple of years ago. This was the head he carried around. I heard another scratch at the door. I jumped but I knew it was only Mario and his friends because I heard themchuckle. They must have thrown the ketchup covered head at the door. I quickly picked up the head and snuck out the back door.
I tip toed to the side of the house. I heard them chuckling again. They must have been hidden in the bushes. I hurled the severed head into the bushes and laughed as they screamed like 7 year old girls and took off running down the street.

2 comments:

Larissa Richelle said...

Interesting little story. It's cute at the end, where it's only his brother playign a joke. I liked how the kid turned the joke back on his brother.

CWJen08 said...

Not a bad story, especially since we only had fifteeen minutes. I have to commmend you on naming Timmy's brother Mario. It's name I would never have thought of, but one that fit the strangeness of our story.